- Endangered animals, deforestation, global warming and growing landfills are having a detrimental effect on planet earth, and some day may make the planet a very unpleasant place to live.
- Going green involves taking steps to minimize the damage humans are doing; to live an environmentally responsible life, and to make choices that will help preserve the earth and its non-renewable resources instead of destroying them.
- By eating natural, organic, locally produced foods, you save on carbon emissions, limit the use of dangerous pesticides and have a healthier meal.
- An example of going green is when you switch your light bulbs to compact fluorescent lamps and start recycling.
- An example of going green is to recycle and buy recycled products.
Going green is defined as making more environmentally friendly decisions such as to "reduce, reuse and recycle."