The definition of cosmetology is the act, study or profession of applying makeup.
An example of cosmetology is a course where the student learns the proper way to put on foundation.
The study or art of cosmetics and their use.
Origin of cosmetologyFrench cosmétologie cosmétique cosmetic ; see cosmetic . -logie -logy
From cosmetics + -ology.
- Most accreditation for cosmetology schools is done through the National Accrediting Commission for Cosmetology Arts and Sciences, the NACCAS, though there are other agencies that specialize in the beauty-oriented field.
- The Regis Corporation also operates more than 50 beauty schools offering a range of different degrees and specializations for interested cosmetology students.
- Once you've learned the skill of nail painting, you can take your trade to the next level by obtaining your manicurist license through a cosmetology school.
- Bear in mind beauty school only teaches basic cutting and coloring, so anything beyond cosmetology school requires advanced training and classes.
- The make-up that you learn in cosmetology or esthetician school is geared for salon make-up (weddings, events, etc.) not for film and television.