- celestial (sense )
- causing or marked by great happiness, beauty, peace, etc.
- Informal very attractive, pleasing, etc.
- Theol. of or in heaven; holy; divine
Origin of heavenlyMiddle English hevenlich from Old English heofonlic
- Sublime; delightful; enchanting.
- Relating to the firmament; celestial: the sun and other heavenly bodies.
- Relating to the abode of God; divine.
(comparative heavenlier or more heavenly, superlative heavenliest or most heavenly)
- Of or pertaining to the heaven believed in by many religions; good, beautiful, glorious, pleasurable.
- Of or pertaining to the heavens or sky, regarded as the realm of the sun, moon, planets and stars.
- Of or pertaining to the kingdom of God; divine.
- Extremely beautiful or pleasurable.
- Oh, please continue giving me a massage - it′s absolutely heavenly.
(comparative more heavenly, superlative most heavenly)
From Middle English hevenly, heofonlich, from Old English heofonlīċ (“heavenly, celestial; chaste”), equivalent to heaven + -ly.