Origin of visitorMiddle English visitour from Anglo-French from Middle French visiteur
A woman welcomes a visitor.
The definition of a visitor is someone, such as a tourist, who comes to a place temporarily.
An example of a visitor to New York is someone who lives in Baltimore.
One that visits: Sunday afternoon visitors; lost the game to the visitors.
- Someone who visits someone else; someone staying as a guest.
- Someone who pays a visit to a specific place or event; a sightseer or tourist.
- (sports, usually in the plural) Someone, or a team, that is playing away from home.
- (ufology) An extraterrestrial being on Earth for any reason.
- An object which lands or passes by Earth or its orbit.
visitor - Computer Definition
- "You may have a visitor... yesterday," I said as I hung up.
- You didn't have a visitor last night.
- My parked car was notice to a visitor that someone was here.
- Alfred was from this time more and more frequently a visitor in London.
- His visitor wore a T-shirt and had hair the color of last night's sunset.