- a visitor, esp. one from a strange or foreign place
- a supernatural visitor; ghost, phantom, etc.
- Ornithology a migratory bird in any of its temporary resting places
Origin of visitantfrom French or L: French from Classical Latin visitans, present participle of visitare: see visit
Archaic paying a visit
- A visitor; a guest.
- A supernatural being; a ghost or specter.
- A migratory bird that stops in a particular place for a limited period of time.
Origin of visitantLatin visitāns visitant- present participle of visitāre to go to see ; see visit .
(comparative more visitant, superlative most visitant)