caller definition by Webster's New World
- a person or thing that calls
- a person who makes a short visit
- fresh: said of food
- fresh and cool, as a breeze
Origin: Middle Scottish variant, variety of Middle English caloure, calver, fresh (of fish) ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps
caller definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One that calls, especially a party placing a telephone call.
- A person paying a short social visit.
- A person who calls out numbers or directions, as at a bingo game or a square dance.
- Cool and refreshing.
Origin: Middle English calour, alteration of calver.