A package being delivered.
- The definition of a package is a box or bag that contains items, or a set of things agreed to as a whole.
- A big wrapped box with your Christmas presents is an example of a package.
- The Stimulus Bill including a selection of different spending programs that all must be passed, are an example of a stimulus package.
- Package is defined as combining different things together as one, or to load and arrange items into a container.
- When you put together a variety of different legal bills that have to be passed together, this is an example of when you package the bills.
- When you get a box and start putting your belongings into it, this is an example of when you package your belongings.
- Obs. the act or process of packing
- a wrapped or boxed thing or group of things; parcel
- a container, wrapping, etc., esp. one in which a commodity is packed for sale
- ⌂ a number of related things regarded as a unit
- a self-contained component or unit, usually one that is already assembled
- to wrap or box, as for transporting, carrying, etc.
- to wrap or seal (a commodity) in a container, wrappings, etc. designed to attract purchasers
- to otherwise offer or present in an attractive or enticing way as if for commercial consumption: to package a political candidate
- to put together or offer as a unit
- A wrapped or boxed object; a parcel: A package arrived in the mail.
- A container or wrapping in which something is stored, transported, or sold: had trouble opening the package.
- A commodity, such as food, contained in a package and sold as a unit: a package of peanuts.
- A combination of items considered, offered, or sold as a unit: a vacation travel package.
- Vulgar Slang A man's genitals.
transitive verbpack·aged, pack·ag·ing, pack·ag·es
- To place into a package or make a package of.
- To present or publicize in a certain way: packaged his life story as a romance with a happy ending.
- To consider, offer, or sell as a unit: packaged the furniture and the TV at a sale price.
- Something which is packed, a parcel, a box, an envelope.
- Something which consists of various components, such as a piece of computer software.
- Did you test the software package to ensure completeness?
- The art of packing something.
- Something resembling a package.
- A package holiday.
- A football formation. IE; the "dime" defensive package.
- (computing) A piece of software which has been prepared in such a way so that it can be installed with a package manager.
- (euphemistic) The male genitalia.
(third-person singular simple present packages, present participle packaging, simple past and past participle packaged)
- To pack or bundle something.
- To travel on a package holiday.
package - Computer Definition
An object containing files and instructions for distributing software.