The definition of an enclosure is something that keeps people or things inside.noun
An example of an enclosure is a fenced-in yard.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- an enclosing or being enclosed
- something that encloses, as a fence, wall, etc.
- something enclosed; specif.,
- an enclosed place or area
- a document, money, etc. enclosed as with a letter
- a boxlike container for a speaker (sense )
Origin: ME & OE: see enclose & -ure
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. The act of enclosing.b. The state of being enclosed.
- Something enclosed: a business letter with a supplemental enclosure.
- Something that encloses.