- The definition of an enclosure is something that keeps people or things inside.
An example of an enclosure is a fenced-in yard.
A wavy enclosure.
enclosure definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- an enclosing or being enclosed
- something that encloses, as a fence, wall, etc.
- something enclosed; specif.,
- an enclosed place or area
- a document, money, etc. enclosed as with a letter
- a boxlike container for a speaker (sense )
Origin: Middle English and amp; OE: see enclose and amp; -ure
enclosure definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The act of enclosing.b. The state of being enclosed.
- Something enclosed: a business letter with a supplemental enclosure.
- Something that encloses.