A parade is an activity.
- Going to the movies is an example of an activity.
- A parade is an example of activity
- A room where a lot of people are moving about is an example of a room alive with activity.
- the quality or state of being active; action
- energetic action; liveliness; alertness
- a normal function of the body or mind
- an active force
- any specific action or pursuit: recreational activities
- the ability to react with other chemicals
- a thermodynamic quantity which represents the effective concentration of a substance in a reacting chemical system
- optical activity
- The state of being active.
- Energetic action or movement; liveliness.
- a. A specified pursuit in which a person partakes.b. An educational process or procedure intended to stimulate learning through actual experience.
- The intensity of a radioactive source.
- The ability to take part in a chemical reaction.
- A physiological process: respiratory activity.
- The state or quality of being active; nimbleness; agility; vigorous action or operation; energy; active force; as, an increasing variety of human activities.
- Pit row was abuzz with activity.
- Something done as an action or a movement.
- The activity for the morning was a walk to the store.
- Something done for pleasure or entertainment, especially one involving movement or an excursion.
- Quilting can be an enjoyable activity.
- Use (of internet, playstation, bank account etc.).
- Adjectives often used with "activity": increased, decreased, high, low, volcanic, seismic, eruptive, intellectual, physical, mental, spiritual, muscular, cerebral, favorite, recreational, practical, cultural, artistic, literary, musical, political, diplomatic, military, domestic, voluntary, missionary, chemical, optical, productive, reproductive, industrial, commercial, etc.
From Middle French activité, from Latin activitas.