- plural form of activity
The definition of activities are functions, processes, deeds or workings.
Completing a math worksheet, creating a PowerPoint presentation and cooking dinner are all examples of activities.
- Just as in a clock, the result of the complicated motion of innumerable wheels and pulleys is merely a slow and regular movement of the hands which show the time, so the result of all the complicated human activities of 160,000 Russians and French--all their passions, desires, remorse, humiliations, sufferings, outbursts of pride, fear, and enthusiasm--was only the loss of the battle of Austerlitz, the so-called battle of the three Emperors--that is to say, a slow movement of the hand on the dial of human history.
- As our activities grew, the task became more daunting.
- The two women resumed their activities, unaffected by his outburst.
- In 1919 and 1920 Community Chests were organized, and sums aggregating $4,000,000 and $4,500,000 were subscribed in " drives," to meet the needs of all community activities, not only charities, but also Red Cross, Y.M.C.A.
- The weather made outdoor activities unrealistic.