(third-person singular simple present ramps up, present participle ramping up, simple past and past participle ramped up)
- (intransitive) To increase rapidly to a new value.
- Headcount ramped up over three months.
- To increase (something) rapidly to a new value; to cause (something) to ramp up.
- The manager ramped up headcount.
- (intransitive) To start up; to be in an initial phase of rapid increase.
- The 5G development project will ramp up in the first quarter.
- (management) To start (something) up; to cause (something) to ramp up.
- He wants to be first to ramp up his project.