- The definition of musing is something related to being in deep thought.
A facial expression that shows you have thought deeply about something is an example of a musing expression.
- Musing is a period of deep thought, meditation or reflection.
When you are sitting in your house staring out the window and thinking deeply about your life, this is an example of musing.
- Contemplation; meditation.
- A product of contemplation; a thought: “an elegant tapestry of quotations, musings, aphorisms, and autobiographical reflections” ( James Atlas )
- Present participle of muse.
- Any member can construct a blog for serious or playful musing.
- His voice still had a bitter edge, but there was a touch of musing in it now.
- There was no quiet time of musing.
- He now began to fulfil the promise of his "Cimabue," and by such pictures as "Paolo e Francesca," "The Star of Bethlehem," "Jezebel and Ahab taking Possession of Naboth's Vineyard," "Michael Angelo musing over his Dying Servant," "A Girl feeding Peacocks," and "The Odalisque," all exhibited in 1861-1863, rose rapidly to the head of his profession.
- The most beautiful of his few pictures of this kind was the "David musing on the Housetop" (1865).