- The definition of musing is something related to being in deep thought.
A facial expression that shows you have thought deeply about something is an example of a musing expression.
- Musing is a period of deep thought, meditation or reflection.
When you are sitting in your house staring out the window and thinking deeply about your life, this is an example of musing.
- Contemplation; meditation.
- A product of contemplation; a thought: “an elegant tapestry of quotations, musings, aphorisms, and autobiographical reflections” ( James Atlas )
- Present participle of muse.