A young woman daydreaming.
- The definition of a daydream is a fantasy or series of pleasant thoughts you have when awake that helps you to escape from reality.
If you hate your job and sit in a boring meeting fantasizing about winning the lottery and walking out, this is an example of a daydream.
- Daydream is defined as to imagine or fantasize.
When you imagine winning the lottery and quitting your job during a boring meeting, this is an example of when you daydream.
- a pleasant, dreamlike thinking or wishing; reverie
- a pleasing but visionary notion or scheme
intransitive verbday·dreamed or day·dreamt , day·dream·ing, day·dreams
- A spontaneous and fanciful series of thoughts while awake not connected to immediate reality.
(third-person singular simple present daydreams, present participle daydreaming, simple past and past participle daydreamt or daydreamed)
- To have such a series of thoughts; to woolgather.
- Stop daydreaming and get back to work!