- The definition of reflective is something that produces a reflection or mirror image. It also is someone who is often deep in thought.
- An example of something that would be described as reflective is a mirror.
- An example of something that would be described as reflective is a person who is always thinking about his actions and the meaning of life.
A mirror is a reflective surface.
reflective definition by Webster's New World
- of or produced by reflection
- meditative; thoughtful
reflective definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a. Of, relating to, produced by, or resulting from reflection.b. Capable of or producing reflection: a reflective surface.
- Characterized by or given to meditation or contemplation; thoughtful. See Synonyms at pensive.
- re·flecˈtive·ly adverb
- re·flecˈtive·ness noun
reflective - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop EncyclopediaTHIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLYAll other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
reflective - Medical Definition
- Of, relating to, produced by, or resulting from reflection.
- Capable of or producing reflection.
- Characterized by or given to meditation or contemplation; thoughtful.