- of or produced by reflection
- meditative; thoughtful
A mirror is a reflective surface.
- An example of something that would be described as reflective is a mirror.
- An example of something that would be described as reflective is a person who is always thinking about his actions and the meaning of life.
The definition of reflective is something that produces a reflection or mirror image. It also is someone who is often deep in thought.
- a. Of, relating to, produced by, or resulting from reflection.b. Capable of or producing reflection: a reflective surface.
- Characterized by or given to serious thinking or contemplation; thoughtful. See Synonyms at pensive.
(comparative more reflective, superlative most reflective)
reflect +"Ž -ive
reflective - Computer Definition
- To his left, her brother, Howard walked in reflective silence.
- The dark eyes wandered over her face in reflective silence.
- That is to be found in a guiding and illumining reflective activity.
- And here the question arises - Can we vindicate in a reflective or mediate process this spontaneous apprehension of reality?
- Locke says that our " ideas " all come, either from the five senses or from reflective consciousness; and he proposes to show that even those concerned with the Infinite depend at last on one or other of these two sources: our " complex ideas " are all made up of " simple ideas," either from without or from within.