Rebecca wondered how she was going to stay sane with four girls spending the night at her daughter's sleepover party.
- A normal and level-headed person is an example of someone who would be described as sane.
- A logical idea that makes sense is an example of a sane idea.
- having a normal, healthy mind; able to make sound, rational judgments
- showing good sense; sensible: a sane policy
- Rare not diseased; healthy
Origin of saneClassical Latin sanus, healthy
- Of sound mind; mentally healthy.
- Having or showing sound judgment; reasonable.
Origin of saneLatin sānus healthy
(comparative saner, superlative sanest)
- compos mentis
From Latin sÄnus (“healthy; sane").
sane - Legal Definition
- An examination of one’s mental competency to see whether one is mentally equipped to stand trial.
- A court proceeding, held to determine whether a person’s mental health dictates institutionalization.