A healthy man.
- An example of healthy is a seventy year old man without any medical issues.
- An example of healthy is a newborn baby without jaundice.
- An example of healthy is a diet full of fruits and vegetables.
The definition of healthy is someone or something that has, appears to have or helps to produce good health.
- having good health; well; sound
- showing or resulting from good health: a healthy complexion
- vigorous, prosperous, etc.
- proper; fitting: a healthy respect for the law
- abundant, considerable, etc.
- Possessing good health: a healthy child.
- Conducive to good health; healthful: healthy air.
- Indicative of sound, rational thinking or frame of mind: a healthy attitude.
- Sizable; considerable: a healthy portion of peas; a healthy raise in salary.
So as to promote one's health; in a healthy way: If you eat healthy, you'll probably live longer.
(comparative healthier, superlative healthiest)
- Enjoying health and vigor of body, mind, or spirit: well.
- He was father to three healthy kids.
- Conducive to health.
- A healthy diet and exercise can help to maintain proper weight.
- Evincing health.
- Sam unwrapped the sandwich and took a healthy bite out of the middle.
- (figuratively) Significant, hefty; beneficial.
- a healthy respect for authority
health + -y