- Yourself is defined as the one that is you.
An example of yourself used as a pronoun is in the sentence, "You should take care of yourself," which means that you should take care of your own body and situation.
yourself definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
pronoun pl. yourselves
- a form of you, used:
- as an intensifier: you yourself told me
- as a reflexive: you must protect yourselves
- with the meaning “your real, true, or actual self” [you are not yourself when you're screaming at us] ( in this construction your functions as an adjective and self as a noun, and they may be separated: your own sweet self
- oneself: it is best to do it yourself
yourself definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- That one identical with you:a. Used reflexively as the direct or indirect object of a verb or as the object of a preposition: Did you buy yourself a gift?b. Used for emphasis: You yourself were certain of the facts.c. Used in an absolute construction: In office yourself, you helped push the bill along.
- Your normal or healthy condition: Are you feeling yourself again? See Usage Note at myself.