An example of yourself used as a pronoun is in the sentence, "You should take care of yourself," which means that you should take care of your own body and situation.
- Used reflexively as the direct or indirect object of a verb or as the object of a preposition.Did you buy yourself a gift?.
- Used for emphasis.You yourself were certain of the facts.
- Used in an absolute construction.In office yourself, you helped push the bill along.
Are you feeling yourself again?
- As an intensifier.You yourself told me.
- As a reflexive.You must protect yourselves.
- With the meaning “your real, true, or customary self” [you don't seem quite yourself today] (in this construction your functions as an adjective and self as a noun, and they may be separated.your own sweet self.
It is best to do it yourself.
You yourself know that what you wrote was wrong.