The villages in Punjab are self-sufficient for the most part and rely very little on outside resources.
An example of self sufficient is a person who grows his own food.
- Able to provide for oneself without the help of others; independent.
- Having undue confidence; smug.
(comparative more self-sufficient, superlative most self-sufficient)
- Able to provide for oneself independently of others.
self- +"Ž sufficient
- Specializing in organic SEO, as well as email marketing and more, this company takes a different approach as it attempts to show its clients how to become self-sufficient web marketers.
- You can sit down for a short 10-15 session every day or two, knowing that you are working on a greater goal of establishing a self-sufficient society, right from the ground up.
- Independent senior facilities differ from assisted living facilities in that prospective residents must be in good health and be self-sufficient.
- While it is great to be self-sufficient and take pride in taking care of yourself, too much pride can shut others out who want to help you.
- By educating yourself, however, you can change how your family interacts, leading to a stronger family and more self-sufficient children.