The villages in Punjab are self-sufficient for the most part and rely very little on outside resources.
An example of self sufficient is a person who grows his own food.
- Able to provide for oneself without the help of others; independent.
- Having undue confidence; smug.
(comparative more self-sufficient, superlative most self-sufficient)
- Able to provide for oneself independently of others.
self- +"Ž sufficient
- Since they didn't have built-in playmates as children, only children are very independent, creative, and self-sufficient.
- While it is great to be self-sufficient and take pride in taking care of yourself, too much pride can shut others out who want to help you.
- Independent senior facilities differ from assisted living facilities in that prospective residents must be in good health and be self-sufficient.
- By educating yourself, however, you can change how your family interacts, leading to a stronger family and more self-sufficient children.
- Referrals, crisis interventions, and short-term counseling provide families with the necessary tools to become self-sufficient.