- Lacking the necessary ability, competence, strength, etc.
- Not legally qualified or eligible.
An example of incapable is a person with a broken leg who can't hike; incapable hiker.
A unique feat, incapable of duplication.
Incapable of carrying a tune; incapable of love.
An incapable administrator.
A contract provision incapable of being enforced.
Incapable of pain, or pleasure; incapable of stain or injury.
- not allowing or admitting; not able to accept or experienceincapable of change.
- lacking the ability or fitness forincapable of subtlety.
- not legally qualified for
Idioms and Phrasal Verbs
Origin of incapable
- From Middle French incapable, in- + capable