As a means of transportation, this car is inadequate.
The definition of inadequate is someone or something that is lacking in something desired or required.
An example of something that would be described as inadequate is a broken down car that won't run.
Not adequate to fulfill a need or meet a requirement; insufficient.
- Gabriel had never felt inadequate in his life until that moment.
- His size was inadequate for any hopes of a serious basketball future but he was obviously a fine athlete.
- The force was inadequate, but it was all that Holland could spare.
- It is not an outcome of Japanese nature nor yet of Buddhist teaching, but is due to the stress of endeavouring to reach the standards of Western acquirement with grievously inadequate equipment, opportunities and resources.
- He'd done the right thing in protecting her, even if the wounded look on her face made him feel both inadequate and frustrated.