- The definition of indisposed is unwilling, or slightly ill.
- When a person does not want to go to a party, this is an example of a time when he might seem indisposed to go.
- When you are feeling a bit under the weather and don't want to go out or do anything, this is an example of a time when you are indisposed.
This woman is indisposed.
- slightly ill
- unwilling; disinclined
Origin of indisposedMiddle English indisposid ; from in-, in- + past participle of disposen, dispose
- Mildly ill.
- Averse; disinclined: was clearly indisposed to grant their request.
(comparative more indisposed, superlative most indisposed)
- mildly ill
- He was indisposed with a cold.
- unwilling to do a task.
Variant of indispose