- Inclined is defined as something that forms an angle due to its slope or tilt.
An example of something that is inclined is a ladder leaning up against a home that forms a triangle.
- To be inclined means to tend towards something or to be likely to do a particular thing or choose a specific outcome.
When you feel like you should agree with your friend's opinion, this is an example of a situation where you are inclined to agree with your friend.
An inclined street in San Francisco.
- having an inclination; specif.,
- at or on a slant; sloping; leaning
- disposed; willing; tending
- forming an angle with another line, plane, or body
- Sloping, slanting, or leaning.
- Having a preference, disposition, or tendency: lobbied the positively inclined senators to push for the bill's passage.
(comparative more inclined, superlative most inclined)
- simple past tense and past participle of incline