- The definition of disposed is someone with the tendency to do something or act in a certain way.
An example of disposed is a person who is usually late to events; they are disposed to being late.
- Disposed is defined as to have been inclined to do or think something, or to get rid of something or put something in a particular place.
- An example of disposed is to have had a tendency to have a headache after drinking red wine; he was disposed to headaches from red wine.
- An example of disposed is to have thrown away the envelope from a letter.
inclined; having a certain tendency or inclination: often preceded by an adverb: to feel well-disposed toward someone
- Having a preference, disposition, or tendency: “a frontier population that was more disposed to risk taking” (George Black).
- Thrown out; discarded: disposed diapers.
- simple past tense and past participle of dispose
(comparative more disposed, superlative most disposed)
- Inclined; minded.