- in a poor manner, as scantily, badly, or defectively
- with a low opinion; disparagingly: thought poorly of it
adjectiveChiefly Southern US
(comparative more poorly, superlative most poorly)
- In a poor manner or condition; without plenty, or sufficiency, or suitable provision for comfort.
- to live poorly
- With little or no success; indifferently; with little profit or advantage.
- to do poorly in business
- Meanly; without spirit.
- Without skill or merit.
- He plays tennis poorly.
- Adjectives to which "poorly" is often applied: planned, conceived, executed, implemented, performing, managed, controlled, designed, represented, differentiated, suited, built, dressed, soluble, ventilated, known, paid, etc.
poor +"Ž -ly