- composed of, full of, or covered with sand
- like sand in texture; gritty
- of the color of sand, specif., brownish or grayish blond: sandy hair
city in NW Utah
Origin of Sandyfrom uncertain or unknown; perhaps the sandy soil there, or from uncertain or unknown; perhaps the nickname of A. Kinghorn, railroad engineer (19th circa )
- Covered with, full of, or consisting of sand.
- Having characteristics similar to sand.
- Of the color of sand; light yellowish brown.
(comparative sandier, superlative sandiest)
- (Geordie, pejorative) Shortened form of Sand Dancer.
- (aviation) The A-1 Sky Raider aircraft.