Blond is defined as having a light color, particularly a light yellow shade.adjective
An example of someone blond was Marilyn Monroe.
The definition of blond is a person with very light colored hair.noun
An example of a blond is Christina Aguilera.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- very light in color: blond hair
- having light-colored hair, often with fair skin and blue or gray eyes
- finished in a light tone: blond wood
Origin: LME blounde < MFr blond < OFr < ? Gmc *blund
- blondness noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
also blondeadjective blond·er, blond·est
- Having fair hair and skin and usually light eyes: blond Scandinavians.
- Of a flaxen or golden color or of any light shade of auburn or pale yellowish brown: blond hair.
- Light-colored through bleaching: blond furniture.
- A person with fair hair and skin and usually light eyes.
- A light yellowish brown to dark grayish yellow.
Origin: Middle English blounde, from Old French blonde, of Germanic origin; see bhel-1 in Indo-European roots.
- blondˈish adjective
- blondˈness noun