- having black or dark-brown hair, often along with dark eyes and a dark complexion
- having a dark color: said of hair, eyes, or skin
Origin of brunetFrench from OFr, diminutive of brun, brown from OHG, brown
a brunet person
- Having brown hair or eyes.
- Of a dark complexion or coloring.
A person with brown hair.
Origin of brunetFrench from Old French diminutive of brun brown of Germanic origin ; see bher-2 in Indo-European roots.
- (rare) A man or boy with brown or black hair.
Brunet is the masculine form of brunette. It is rarely used.