- having black or dark-brown hair, often along with dark eyes and a dark complexion
- having a dark color: said of hair, eyes, or skin
Origin of brunetFrench ; from OFr, diminutive of brun, brown ; from OHG, brown
a brunet person
- Of a dark complexion or coloring.
- Having dark brown or black hair or eyes.
A person with dark brown hair.
Origin of brunetFrench, from Old French, diminutive of brun, brown, of Germanic origin; see bher-2 in Indo-European roots.
- (rare) A man or boy with brown or black hair.
Brunet is the masculine form of brunette. It is rarely used.