The definition of a bombshell is something very shocking or exciting, or a very attractive person.noun
- An example of a bombshell is a groom finding out at his wedding that his bride slept with his best man.
- An example of a bombshell is Marilyn Monroe.
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- bomb ()
- any shocking surprise
- something which arouses great interest or excitement; sensation; specif., a woman with remarkable sex appeal, typically one who is blond and buxom
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- An explosive bomb.
- One that is sensationally shocking, surprising, or amazing.
- One who is very attractive.
bombshell - Phrases/Idioms
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
see drop a bombshell.