- a flash of lightning and the accompanying thunder
- a bolt or missile imagined as hurled to earth by a stroke of lightning
- something that stuns or acts with sudden violence or force
See thunderbolt in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A discharge of lightning accompanied by thunder.
- A flash of lightning conceived as a bolt or dart hurled from the heavens.
a. One that acts with sudden and destructive fury.
b. A startling, forceful action: “Every political campaign manager saves a thunderbolt for the last week before Election Day” (Art Buchwald).
Learn more about thunderbolt