- having a condition of tongue-tie
- speechless from amazement, embarrassment, etc.
- Speechless or confused in expression, as from shyness, embarrassment, or astonishment.
- Affected with tongue-tie.
(comparative more tonguetied, superlative most tonguetied)
- Alternative form of tongue-tied.
(comparative more tongue-tied, superlative most tongue-tied)
- (idiomatic) Unable to express oneself clearly or fluently; at a loss for words.
- If you have never practiced at interviewing for a job, you are likely to have a few tongue-tied moments during your first interview.
- Suffering from tongue-tie or ankyloglossia.
Variant of tongue-tie
limited motion of the tongue, usually caused by a short frenum and resulting in indistinct articulation