When one scientist does an experiment and gets one result and the other does it and gets a contrary result, this is an example of a situation where the results are inconsistent.
- Not regular or predictable; erratic.Inconsistent behavior.
- Lacking in correct logical relation; contradictory.Inconsistent statements.
- Not in agreement or harmony; incompatible.An intersection inconsistent with the road map.
- Not in agreement, harmony, or accord; incompatible.Acts inconsistent with belief.
- Not uniform; self-contradictory.inconsistent testimony.
- Not always holding to the same principles or practice; changeable.