- Repugnance is intense dislike.
The smell of very rotten milk is an example of something that might make you feel repugnance.
repugnance definition by Webster's New World
- inconsistency or contradiction
- extreme dislike or distaste; aversion; antipathy
Origin: Middle English ; from Middle French ; from Classical Latin repugnantia ; from repugnans, present participle of repugnare: see repugn
repugnance definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Extreme dislike or aversion.
- Logic The relationship of contradictory terms; inconsistency.