- a repelling or being repelled
- strong dislike, distaste, or aversion; repugnance
- Physics the mutual action by which bodies or particles of matter tend to repel each other
Origin of repulsionLate Latin repulsio
- The act of repulsing or the condition of being repulsed: the repulsion of an attack on the fort.
- Extreme aversion: felt nothing but repulsion at the remark.
- Physics The force that causes particles or bodies to repel one another, as from having the same electric charge or magnetic polarity.