- Abomination is defined as something or someone that is hated.
An example of abomination is a serial killer.
- The definition of an abomination is the feeling of extreme hatred and disgust.
An example of abomination would be the feelings of followers of the Pro-Life movement towards abortion.
- Abomination is defined as an action that is disgusting or shameful.
An example of an abomination is the abuse of animals.
abomination definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- an abominating; great hatred and disgust; loathing
- anything hateful and disgusting
abomination definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Abhorrence; disgust.
- A cause of abhorrence or disgust.