- the act or prayer of one who blesses; invocation or benediction
- a grace said before or after eating
- the gift of divine favor
- good wishes or approval
- anything that gives happiness or prevents misfortune; special benefit or favor
- When God looks down upon you and protects you, this is an example of God's blessing.
- When a father OKs a marriage proposal, this is an example of when he gives his blessing.
- When you pray to God and ask to be held in good favor, this is an example of when you seek God's blessing.
- When you are thankful to have your child, this is an example of when your child is a blessing.
Blessing is defined as God's favor, or a person's sanction or support, or something you ask God for, or something for which you are grateful.
- The act of one that blesses.
- A short prayer said before or after a meal; grace.
- Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon.
- Approbation; approval: This plan has my blessing.
- Some kind of divine or supernatural aid, or reward.
- A pronouncement invoking divine aid.
- Good fortune.
- (paganism) A modern pagan ceremony.
- The act of declaring or bestowing favor; approval.
- We will not proceed without the executive director's blessing.
- A thing one is glad of.
- A prayer before a meal; grace.
- A group of unicorns.
From Old English bletsung
- He taught, also, that a friend is the greatest blessing that any one can have.
- In the "Blessing of Moses" (Deut.
- Savonarola prayed with the two men, gave them his blessing, and exhorted them.
- My blessing, and may Christ be with you in your great endeavor!
- On the contrary, they see that a manifest blessing has rested on women's preaching, and they regard its almost universal prohibition as a relic of the seclusion of women which was customary in the countries where Christianity took its rise.