- the act of giving thanks
- an expression of this; esp., a formal, often public, expression of thanks to God in the form of a prayer, etc.
- [T-]in full Thanksgiving Day
- an annual U.S. holiday observed on the fourth Thursday of November as a day of giving thanks and feasting: it commemorates the Pilgrims' celebration of the good harvest of 1621
- a similar Canadian holiday on the second Monday of October
A table set for Thanksgiving dinner.
- An example of thanksgiving is the annual U.S. holiday called Thanksgiving, held on the fourth Thursday of November to commemorate a harvest festival celebrated by the Pilgrims and Indians.
- An example of thanksgiving is the annual Canadian holiday called Thanksgiving which occurs on the second Monday in October.
Thanksgiving is the act of giving thanks, or a holiday in November to give thanks.
- An act of giving thanks; an expression of gratitude, especially to God: a hymn of thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Day.
- (Canada, US) Thanksgiving Day, celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada, and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States.
- (Canada, US) The long weekend which includes Thanksgiving Day: Thanksgiving weekend.
- I guess it really is Thanksgiving next week.
- In the meantime, Thanksgiving was coming up - and then Christmas.
- Thanksgiving Day >>
- I hope [you] will enjoy the Thanksgiving very much.
- But the practical mind of the Roman gives this relation a legal turn: the ius sacrum, which regulates the dealings of men with the divine powers, is an inseparable part of ius publicum, the body of civil law, and the various acts of worship, prayer and thanksgiving are conceived of under the legal aspect of a contract.