A table set for Thanksgiving dinner.
- An example of thanksgiving is the annual U.S. holiday called Thanksgiving, held on the fourth Thursday of November to commemorate a harvest festival celebrated by the Pilgrims and Indians.
- An example of thanksgiving is the annual Canadian holiday called Thanksgiving which occurs on the second Monday in October.
Thanksgiving is the act of giving thanks, or a holiday in November to give thanks.
- the act of giving thanks
- an expression of this; esp., a formal, often public, expression of thanks to God in the form of a prayer, etc.
- ⌂ in full Thanksgiving Day
- an annual U.S. holiday observed on the fourth Thursday of November as a day of giving thanks and feasting: it commemorates the Pilgrims' celebration of the good harvest of 1621
- a similar Canadian holiday on the second Monday of October
- An act of giving thanks; an expression of gratitude, especially to God: a hymn of thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Day.
- (Canada, US) Thanksgiving Day, celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada, and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States.
- (Canada, US) The long weekend which includes Thanksgiving Day: Thanksgiving weekend.