- The definition of favour is approval or doing something for someone else.
- An example of a favour is what a a daughter's boyfriend will receive after meeting her father's criteria; the boyfriend gains the father's favour.
- An example of a favour is cleaning a friend's house before they bring their new baby home; you do them a favour by cleaning their home.
- Favour is defined as to treat with an unfair preference.
An example of favour is a teacher bumping a low grade to a much higher grade for the captain of the high school football team; the student receives unfair favour because he is the captain.
(third-person singular simple present favours, present participle favouring, simple past and past participle favoured)
- Favour is the standard British and Commonwealth spelling. Favor is the standard American spelling, and an alternative in Canada.