- The definition of approval is accepting something or permitting something.
When a woman has her parents’ blessing to get married, their agreement with the wedding is an example of approval.
approval definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act of approving
- favorable attitude or opinion
- formal consent or sanction
- Philately stamps sent on request by mail to potential buyers
approval definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act or an instance of approving.
- An official approbation; a sanction.
- Favorable regard; commendation.
approval - Phrases/Idioms
for the customer to examine and decide whether to buy or return
For examination or trial by a customer without the obligation to buy: took the dress on approval.