- The definition of a condemnation is an accusation, or a scolding or punishment for a bad act.
An example of a condemnation is a punishment for murder.
- a condemning or being condemned
- a cause for condemning
Origin: Middle English condempnacioun ; from Classical Latin condemnatio
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. The act of condemning.b. The state of being condemned.
- Severe reproof; strong censure.
- A reason or occasion for condemning.
condemnation - Business Definition
- The judicial process of exercising eminent domain by paying fair market value and taking private property for public use.
- Declaring a structure unfit for occupancy because of physical defects or other difficulties.