- the act of reprobating
- disapproval; censure
- Theol. the state of being damned
Origin of reprobationMiddle English reprobacioun from Ecclesiastical Late Latin reprobatio
- The act of reprobating; the state of being reprobated; strong disapproval or censure.
- The profligate pretenses upon which he was perpetually soliciting an increase of his disgraceful stipend are mentioned with becoming reprobation. "” Jeffrey.
- Set a brand of reprobation on clipped poetry and false coin. "” Dryden.
- (theology) The predestination of a certain number of the human race as reprobates, or objects of condemnation and punishment; damnation.