- Reprobate means without morals and without shame.
An example of a reprobate individual is Satan.
- The definition of a reprobate is person without morals or one who is condemned to hell.
An example of a reprobate is a person who constantly commits crimes.
- To reprobate is defined as to send to hell, condemn or disapprove.
An example of to reprobate is for God to send someone to hell.
reprobate definition by Webster's New World
- to disapprove of strongly; condemn
- to reject
- Theol. to damn
Origin: Middle English reprobaten ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin reprobatus, past participle of reprobare: see reprove
- totally bad; corrupt; depraved
- Theol. damned
- an unprincipled or totally bad person
- Theol. a person damned; lost soul
reprobate definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A morally unprincipled person.
- One who is predestined to damnation.
- Morally unprincipled; shameless.
- Rejected by God and without hope of salvation.
- To disapprove of; condemn.
- To abandon to eternal damnation. Used of God.
Origin: From Middle English, condemned, from Late Latin reprobātus, past participle of reprobāre, to reprove : Latin re-, opposite; see re- + Latin probāre, to approve; see prove.
- repˌro·baˈtion noun
- repˈro·baˌtive adjective