The definition of a reprobate is person without morals or one who is condemned to hell.noun
An example of a reprobate is a person who constantly commits crimes.
Reprobate means without morals and without shame.adjective
An example of a reprobate individual is Satan.
To reprobate is defined as to send to hell, condemn or disapprove.verb
An example of to reprobate is for God to send someone to hell.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- to disapprove of strongly; condemn
- to reject
- Theol. to damn
Origin: ME reprobaten < LL(Ec) reprobatus, pp. of reprobare: see reprove
- totally bad; corrupt; depraved
- Theol. damned
- an unprincipled or totally bad person
- Theol. a person damned; lost soul
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A morally unprincipled person.
- One who is predestined to damnation.
- Morally unprincipled; shameless.
- Rejected by God and without hope of salvation.
- To disapprove of; condemn.
- To abandon to eternal damnation. Used of God.
Origin: From Middle English, condemned, from Late Latin reprobātus, past participle of reprobāre, to reprove : Latin re-, opposite; see re- + Latin probāre, to approve; see prove.
- repˌro·baˈtion noun
- repˈro·baˌtive adjective