- Selfish is defined as being focused only on yourself, or acting that way.
An example of someone selfish is a toddler who doesn't want to share their toys.
selfish definition by Webster's New World
- too much concerned with one's own welfare or interests and having little or no concern for others; self-centered
- showing or prompted by self-interest
selfish definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Concerned chiefly or only with oneself: “Selfish men were . . . trying to make capital for themselves out of the sacred cause of human rights” (Maria Weston Chapman).
- Arising from, characterized by, or showing selfishness: a selfish whim.
- selfˈish·ly adverb
- selfˈish·ness noun