- Selfish is defined as being focused only on yourself, or acting that way.
An example of someone selfish is a toddler who doesn't want to share their toys.
- too much concerned with one's own welfare or interests and having little or no concern for others; self-centered
- showing or prompted by self-interest
- Concerned chiefly or excessively with oneself, and having little regard for others: a selfish child who wouldn't share toys.
- Showing or arising from an excessive concern with oneself and a lack of concern for others: a selfish whim.
(comparative more selfish, superlative most selfish)
- Holding one's self-interest as the standard for decision making.
- Having regard for oneself above others' well-being.
- Said of people, motives, desires, acts, etc.
From self +"Ž -ish