- not social; not gregarious; characterized by withdrawal from others
- showing little concern for the welfare of others; selfish
- Not social: “Bears are asocial, secretive animals” (David Graber).
- Avoiding or averse to the society of others; not sociable: “It's not that you're so asocial, but a man who likes people doesn't wind up in the Antarctic” (Saul Bellow).
- Unable or unwilling to conform to normal standards of social behavior; antisocial: “crime, riots, drug use and other asocial behavior” (Derek Shearer).
- Inconsiderate of others; self-centered.