- full of thought; meditative; thinking
- showing or characterized by thought; serious: a thoughtful essay
- heedful, careful, attentive, etc.; esp., considerate of others; kind
- When you are considering and thinking about a complex problem, this is an example of a situation where you are thoughtful.
- When you bring soup to a sick friend, this is an example of a situation where you are thoughtful.
- a. Given to careful thought; reflective: Every thoughtful person should read the article.b. Engrossed in thought: She was thoughtful the whole way home on the bus.
- Exhibiting or characterized by careful thought: a thoughtful essay.
- Having or showing heed for the well-being or happiness of others and a propensity for anticipating their needs or wishes.
(comparative more thoughtful, superlative most thoughtful)
From thought +"Ž -ful