- The definition of documentary is a film or television program that shows a story or situation truthfully.
An example of something documentary is evidence that proves someone's alibi during the time of a murder; documentary evidence.
- A documentary is defined as a film or television program that is educational and tells a true story.
An example of a documentary is the An Inconvenient Truth, a movie about global warming.
- consisting of, supported by, contained in, or serving as a document or documents
- designating or of a film, TV program, etc. that dramatically shows or analyzes news events, social conditions, etc., with little or no fictionalization
- Consisting of, concerning, or based on documents.
- Presenting facts objectively without editorializing or inserting fictional matter, as in a book or film.
- of, related to, or based on documents.
- which serves to document (record and:or illustrate) a subject.
- (of a film, book etc) presented objectively without the insertion of fictional matter.