transitive verbmo·tor·ized, mo·tor·iz·ing, mo·tor·iz·es
- To equip with a motor.
- To supply with motor-driven vehicles.
- To provide with automobiles.
(third-person singular simple present motorizes, present participle motorizing, simple past and past participle motorized)
- To fit something with a motor.
- Most canoe aficionados would argue that motorizing a canoe removes the pleasurable aspects of traveling in one.
- To supply something or someone with motor vehicles.
- Once Jack decided to motorize his paper delivery route, he found he could reach far more subscribers.
- To supply armoured vehicles; to mechanize.
- The refit plan recommended that the first battalion be motorized to upgrade their offensive capabilities.