- to make mechanical
- to do or operate by machinery, not by hand
- to bring about the use of machinery in (an industry, etc.)
- to equip (an army, etc.) with motor vehicles, tanks, etc., for greater mobility and striking power
transitive verbmech·a·nized, mech·a·niz·ing, mech·a·niz·es
- To equip with machinery: mechanize a factory.
- To equip (a military unit) with motor vehicles, such as tanks and trucks.
- To make automatic or unspontaneous; render routine or monotonous.
- To produce by or as if by machines.
(third-person singular simple present mechanizes, present participle mechanizing, simple past and past participle mechanized)