- The definition of adherence is the act of sticking to something, figuratively or literally.
- An example of adherence is when a picture with two-sided tape sticks to the wall.
- An example of adherence is when you continue to believe something even when others argue and tell you that you are wrong.
the act of adhering; specif., attachment (to a person, cause, etc.); devotion and support
- The process or condition of adhering.
- Faithful attachment; devotion: “rigid adherence to &ellipsis; the teachings of a single man” (Janet Reitman).
(countable and uncountable, plural adherences)