- The definition of adhere means to stick to something, either literally or figuratively.
- An example of something that adheres is Scotch Tape.
- An example of adhere is to remain true to your belief.
adhere definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- adherer noun
adhere definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb ad·hered, ad·her·ing, ad·heres verb, intransitive
- To stick fast by or as if by suction or glue.
- To remain devoted to or be in support of something: adhered to her beliefs.
- To carry out a plan, scheme, or operation without deviation: We will adhere to our plan.
To cause to adhere; make stick.
Origin: French adhérer, from Latin adhaerēre, to stick to : ad-, ad- + haerēre, to stick.